Frequently Asked Personal Injury Questions

When you need aggressive personal injury representation, contact Putnam Lieb Potvin Dailey for help. Our experienced attorneys will advise you on the proper legal actions and steps to take to start your claim. We work on a contingency fee basis, so we do not get paid a fee unless we recover settlement fees on your behalf.

With over 100 years of combined experience, our attorneys have been asked some excellent questions about personal injury cases over the years. Here are answers to a few of those questions:

What should I do if I've been injured?

Call Putnam Lieb Potvin Dailey as soon as possible after you've been injured to schedule your free initial consultation. Our experienced lawyers will then discuss your legal options. Also keep records of any out-of-pocket expenses and any pain or problems impacting your daily life since the injury.

Will I have to go to court to receive compensation for my personal injury?

Most claims can be settled out of court without a lawsuit. If a trial is necessary, however, the attorneys at Putnam Lieb Potvin Dailey are ready to aggressively represent you in court to get you the compensation you deserve.

When should I talk to the insurer or file a suit?

The attorneys at Putnam Lieb Potvin Dailey will consider many factors before advising you to file a lawsuit. From the strength of your case to the willingness of the defendant or insurance company to timing issues, you can count on our professional team when you've been injured.

If my lawsuit is filed, how long will it take to be tried?

Because counties vary in caseloads, it is difficult to estimate how long it will be before a new case will be tried in court. At Putnam Lieb Potvin Dailey, we always work to obtain a fair settlement before your case goes to trial to expedite your recovery fees.

What damages am I entitled to collect?

Damages are divided into economic and noneconomic damages. Economic damages are defined under Washington law "objectively verifiable monetary losses, including medical expenses, loss of earnings, burial costs, loss of use of property, cost of replacement or repair, cost of obtaining substitute domestic services, loss of employment, and loss of business or employment opportunities." Noneconomic damages are the intangible costs such as " pain, suffering, inconvenience, mental anguish, disability or disfigurement incurred by the injured party, emotional distress, loss of society and companionship, loss of consortium, injury to reputation and humiliation, and destruction of the parent-child relationship."

What if there is inadequate insurance coverage from me or the other party?

The liable party may pay out-of-pocket expenses if there is inadequate insurance coverage or no insurance.

Contact Putnam Lieb Potvin Dailey in Olympia, Washington, to schedule a consultation with a personal injury attorney to discuss your situation. Call 360-596-9539 or 877-551-2871 or send us an email online to discuss the details of your case in a free initial consultation.

Se habla español.